Former Fitness Flunky, LLC was founded in 2011 as a resource for personal training and fitness education. Former Fitness Flunky is based in the Kansas City metro area and offers personal training services in Kansas City, Lenexa, Olathe, Mission, Overland Park, South Kansas City, Belton, Raymore, Lee’s Summit and more. Personal training is also offered virtually for clients who are on the go or located outside the service area.
My mission through Former Fitness Flunky is to coach, educate and assist you in improving you fitness, health and overall wellness through a collaborative and supportive relationship that encourages and fosters positive life changes.
I am Alicen Ronan, the woman behind Former Fitness Flunky. I have a passion for helping clients achieve their fitness goals. I understand that people need fitness information that is easy to understand and that they can apply to their own lives to be successful.
I am Former Fitness Flunky myself. In 2005 I realized that my lifestyle had led to being overweight and unhappy. Through exercise, eating and lifestyle changes I was able to lose 60 pounds over the course of the next two years. In 2007 I decided that my mission would be to help others make similar changes and improvements in their lives.
- Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- Elite Trainer certification for virtual coaching on Sharecare.com
- Fitness Nutrition Specialist (FNS) through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- dotFIT Certified Fitness Professional
- Bachelor of Science in Sport Management with a concentration in health and wellness, California University of Pennsylvania