Former Fitness Flunky, LLC was founded in 2011 as a resource for personal training and fitness/wellness information. Former Fitness Flunky is based in the Kansas City metro area and offers services in Kansas City, Lenexa, Olathe, Mission, Overland Park, South Kansas City, Belton, Raymore, Lee’s Summit and more. Training is also offered virtually for clients who are on the go or outside the service area.
The mission of Former Fitness Flunky is to coach, educate and assist clients in improving their fitness, health and overall wellness through a collaborative and supportive relationship that encourages and fosters positive life changes.
The woman behind Former Fitness Flunky is Alicen Ronan. Alicen has a passion for helping others achieve their fitness goals. She understands that people need fitness information that is easy to understand and that they can apply to their own lives to be successful.
Alicen is a Former Fitness Flunky herself. In 2005 she realized that her lifestyle had led her to being overweight and unhappy. Through exercise, eating and lifestyle changes she was able to lose 60 pounds over the course of the next two years. In 2007 she decided that her mission would be to help others make similar changes and improvements in their lives.
- Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- Elite Trainer certification for virtual coaching on Sharecare.com
- Fitness Nutrition Specialist (FNS) through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- dotFIT Certified Fitness Professional
- Bachelor of Science in Sport Management with a concentration in health and wellness, California University of Pennsylvania